Monday, October 26, 2009

Run, Scout, Run!!!



Sager was crying when Scout crossed the finish line - I said why are you crying and Sager says - I don't know!!!





Today, Scout ran in the District Track Meet in Lubbock, Texas.  I must say it was kind of chilly.  The wind was blowing but the sun was shining, not too bad of a day to run.  We took the little boys with us and made pretty good time, of course by the time we got there, I really, really, had to go.  Well, as we pull up and get situated, I finally can't take it, and Brandon says just go in there - I think it's a school.  I walk up to the door and a man is walking in and he holds the door for me (he's very well mannered) and I tell him - I'm really just looking for a bathroom, he says (very politely) you can use the staff restroom - how nice was that! well as I'm walkin' out of the bathroom wiping my hands on a paper towel (you know you can't touch the door handle - it's riddled with germs), someone says excuse me who are you and what are you doing? (Did I mention I'm wearing a big hooded sweatshirt that says Childress Bobcats on it?) Well, I told the man who is sitting at a desk(and who doesn't get up - no manners at all), and a woman who is standing in the doorway(who doesn't move or introduce herself - also no manners at all) that I had to go to the bathroom and a man said that I could use the staff restroom.  The man who still has not gotten up from behind the desk starts to question me about what I was doing, and I told him that I was with the cross country track meet - he says it's not until Thursday - I said well - there's a bunch of kids out there who are getting ready to run and I didn't see a port-a-john or else I wouldn't have walked in here with the man through the front door that wasn't locked - it was open - the man and the woman who still haven't introduced themselves are still arguing with me about whether or not there's a track meet going on and I said they are running today and then regionals are on another day. 





Well, we go round and round and I had said that I was sorry like ten times and he says well this is an alternative school and I said well the front door was open. The whole incident was a complete joke.  I wish that I could have said - why don't you get up from behind your desk and see what the kids are doing outside and maybe you ought to be walking the halls of your school to see what your kids are doing... but of course he didn't ask me for my opinion - like I said - no manners - geesh!!!



Anyhoo - here are some pictures of Scout and the brothers, you know that we are super proud of Scout and how hard he was worked. He has made this day his!!!




4 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

SOME PEOPLE...!!! Great pictures. I am so happy for him.

Maria said...

Thanks Stephanie!!

Deb ;) said...

I cannot believe you were all nice!! You should have gone all Exorcist Ninja Mama on that ole rude man!! So proud of Scout!!

Maria said...

I hear ya Debbie - but you weren't there to get my back!!!! or else I would have!!!