Sunday, October 21, 2012
We've picked out pigs for Scout and Shaw, we've ordered chickens and rabbits.... so many things that we always do but this year is different because this is the last of so many things.... I'll start crying if I go any further.... can you feel my pain??? Senior year... blech! ;)
Here's some pictures until the next post of the boy who refuses to stop growing up!!
Where is the little boy that I dropped off at daycare??? HE'S ALL GROWN UP!!!!
Monday, June 18, 2012
Picture this - high school roughly 1988, 89 whatever - all my friends rodeoed. Heck even my sister's boyfriend rodeoed. I had ridden all my life - literally - all my life - when I was in the fourth grade I even got bucked off in a horrible accident but that's a whole other story.... I wanted to rodeo desperately, I mean after all, I had a saddle, a hat, skin tight rockie jeans, many different colors of ropers, horribly big and permed hair, and I had a dead beat boyfriend. All of these things are prerequisites for a rodeo darling. There was only one problem. One teeny tiny problem.... my dad wouldn't buy me a horse, heck - he wouldn't hardly let me ride horses, because - that's right - he's a mule man... Do you know how embarrassing it is to try to explain that you only ride mules??? It's very embarrassing. Do you know why? Forget all that crap about them being sure footed and dependable, forget that they can haul twice their weight up a sheer cliff... forget about hybrid vigor.... forget that... imagine you pull up to the Dairy Queen in a pickup and trailor as your helping your dad build fence... do you know what mules do in front of Dairy Queen? They BRAY and BRAY and BRAY!!! It's horrible - people stare - ALOT of people stare. There is nothing cool about a braying donkey.... there isn't... anyway - I tried to tell Sager of my desire to be a rodeo star and how my heart's desires were thwarted by my mule man father but clearly he didn't understand.... he's never experienced the mule experience. So I tell him - sometimes Sager, you must be open to dream new dreams, bigger dreams... What about tennis?? He's contemplating it.... here's some pictures of the brothers...
|Scout in Odessa|
|MVP Cross Country|
|Shaw end of 6th grade|
|Sager with a big fish!|
Have a GREAT Summer!!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Sager and Shaw are no exception to this... Sager has been working on writing during tutorials two days a week. (He has tutorials for Math and Reading the other two days a week.) (which makes for a very long week) He's been bringing home some funny stuff that he has written. You just never know what he's going to say. This morning, I was griping at him a little about doing all the strategies he's supposed to do, that he better do this and that... basically being a hag because I know the pressure that he is under and I don't want him to fail... he know's how that feels and it sucks. Sorry it does. So I'm griping and going through his folder and I come across this practice page of writing where he wrote about a best friend.... this is what he wrote:
Brandon goes and watches tv on the big brown couch. I come and sit by Brandon and watch tv with him every single day. I love him so much because I learn from him. Brandon raised me well. So I will be a good son to him. He is strong, helpful, and amazing. He does everything perfect. He is one of the best dad's in the world. My dad does alot of good stuff. He loves me and I love him. He is just so great. He is so happy when he sees me after school. He is trustworthy to me and my brothers and my mom. He does not lie at all to anyone that he sees. I love him with all my heart. He makes me feel so special. He makes me proud to be his son. He keeps me safe and protects me from danger. He takes me to far away places. My dad and me help each other out doing hard work.
So there you go, State of Texas... what's more important a perfect score or a pretty close to perfect son.... I know which one I'll take!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
and if he didn't I'm sure he had this one...
Be sure to comment and tell me your favorite late 70's and 80's favorite fashion!!
P.S. Shawn - don't feel bad - Brandon had a mullet too....
Sunday, January 22, 2012
1. I'm a special education teacher and each and every one of my kids has a special plan that rules their world!!! It's called an IEP and every student needs a meeting about their schedule and classes and modifications, every year, and all those meetings have begun!! and so has the stress and the fever blisters!!! yikes...
2. Scout has turned 17.... soak that up people... I have a seventeen year old!!!
3. The annual Childress County Livestock show and sale was this past weekend... and as Sager so eloquently put it - "Total domination baby..." (We're currently working on the idea of humility and humbleness... Sager hasn't quite mastered that yet....) Sager and his chickens did very well... Grand and Reserve!!
(Look at that sharp dressed man!!)
4. Shaw has mastered the humble and humility lesson as his lame show pig "pimp" walked into third place...(that would be an ever so slight shuffle and drag...)
5. I lost my cell phone - don't try calling it - clearly it's dead.... I have looked high and low.... I feel so lost with out it....
6. Scout didn't even spend his birthday with us - he went to Spearman to visit his "friend" while I washed chickens... nothing says happy birthday like wet chickens....
7. Brandon is down in Huntsville for training... he left literally hours after the stock show sale... who am I going to iron clothes for? who will I have to find underwear and socks for?? who's going to eat at Arby's with me??? I don't know... you mean I have to sleep in the bed and NOT listen to snoring? wait a minute.... I might just like this... kidding..kidding... I already miss him terribly...
Well I hope everyone's week goes good and I look forward to hearing from you, subscribers and stalkers alike!!!
Monday, January 9, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
haven't been paying attention to? my clothes? my hair? what about my bangs... granted they are not as big as they used to be but i refuse to let them go - i can't ... not yet anyway....
i knew this day would come but i guess i was in denial.... I am peoples mother....i mean good gravy...scout will be 17 on the 20th of this month....17.... oy vey....
i had better get to setting some new year's resolutions since i'm an old adult now....