Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Am I pretty? Am I a Good Dancer? Am I Old?


Have you ever had one of those moments when everything that you thought was true and right turned out wrong? I have had a few lately....

the other morning, scout had on some music as we fixed breakfast. before school ..and i bust out in some sweet dance moves - clearly i have moves.... i do... or at least i think i do.... how do i know whether i do or not?  Should I ask my family? well brandon wasn't there, clearly sager will agree with me, shaw will be indifferent but scout... would he tell me the truth... we're pretty tight ya know but as I'm dancing for a split second i realize.... i'm old - older than my children clearly.... but i hate to admit this.... i am not hip.... now i am not talking elaine bennis off of seinfeld but clearly i will never win a dance off... just saying...

i am a product of the 80's and that was a long time ago... the realization hit me hard and heavy.... so if I'm a dorky dancer - what else is going on that i haven't been paying attention to? my clothes? my hair? what about my bangs... granted they are not as big as they used  to be but i refuse to let them go - i can't ... not yet anyway.... 

i knew this day would come but i guess i was in denial.... I am  peoples mother....i mean good gravy...scout will be 17 on the 20th of this month....17.... oy vey....

i had better get to setting some new year's resolutions since i'm an old adult now.... 

2 comments:

Nessa Locke said...

WHAT!!!??? You are not old!!!! I INSIST that you retract that statement RIGHT NOW!
(anyway, you and I got 'em all fooled, cause we still look WAYYYYY too young for teenagers! with or without bangs.)

Maria said...

Yes Nessa!! The bangs have it!! I'll take that from you because you DO still look young enough to be in high school....you look the same in the yearbook (not the annual....;) ha!