Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bring on the Holidays!!!



Santa's little helper!

Well, well, well... long time no see...even longer no blog... yikes!! sorry about that! lots of drama going on - none of which I'll discuss here... only the happiest of thoughts on this blog... that's  right... POSITIVE I tell ya!!  As most of my friends and family know - I don't really care for the holidays, too much baggage of Christmas gone horribly wrong but a couple of years ago my sister and I were talking about how we feel about Christmas and decided it was time for us to make it better for our children than we had it so now that is exactly what I have been trying to do - for the past week I have visited, cuddled, sat close (ya know teenage boys...), cooked with, watched movies with, and laughed with my kids so that they will understand that this time isn't just about presents... that being said, Sager bought all of us presents at the Elf Shelf at school - you know the little store that the school puts on to raise money first and foremost but allows the kids to buy goods for their family... Sager gave so much thought into each and every gift that he bought - it did my heart proud... a heart necklace for me, a #1 dad magnet for Brandon, a bravest brother key chain for Scout and a camoflauged watch for Shaw... precious... absolutely you could feel the love coming out of those lead ridden china made trinkets.... anyhoo...it was magical no matter how you look at it...



Today is also a great day because fourteen years ago this day, my sister called me to take her to the mall to buy her husband another Christmas present because she had been so horrible to him.  You see she was pregnant and VERY, VERY, did I mention VERY hormonal.... and so Scout who was still so little and cute and I load up in my chevy cavalier and go pick her up, in the snow, in the cold, on Chrismas Eve... do you see where I'm going with this??? and she says on our way I think I need to go to the hospital... WHAT???!!! sure enough we're in the elevator trying to make sure whatever she thinks is going on is really going on and her water really does start to break and not too long after that Jackson was born (literally, I didn't even have time to get out of the room!!! ha!)  So here's to the sweetest boy around, the best brother and my favorite boy (don't tell my kids... oh whatever - they know I just LOVE jackson!!) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great new year - remember you are who you are and your life is what you make of it - so make it special!!!


Love, Maria

1 comment:

Sarah Uselding said...

I am wiping my crying eyes...you are the sweetest.