Monday, October 10, 2011

The Hereafter...

Ok so for some reason I have been obsessed lately with the hereafter.... Especially since Scout, Shaw and Sager (well really not Sager since he didn't make it past the first 10 minutes of the movie!!and me watched a ClintEastwood movie that stared Matt Damon -I can't tell you too much about it or I'll start and then I can't stop and then it wouldn't do you any good to watch it unless you're one of those people who watches a movie over and over and over and over (kind of like my nephew, Jackson, who I kid you not watched John Wayne's The Cowboys no less than 10 million times!)  Now this movie had me and Scout crying and all of us mesmorized.  It's basically about these people who each are destined to meet up - one is a little boy who tragically loses his brother, one who is a psychic who is trying not to be a physchic and another woman who has had a near death experience and has many questions about the hereafter.  It was a great movie if you're looking for one to watch... Now this leads me to my new FAVORITE show The Long Island Medium...
 It is so something.... let me ask you this, if you could have a meeting with the Long Island Medium who do you think would make a connection with you? Friend, family? I absolutely can't watch this show without crying - it is so sad but yet so wonderful the peace that these people feel after they meet with her... it's like they just need to hear it from someone else that it's going to be o.k. and that they're absolved from their guilt - that's the biggest thing there is so much guilt associated with someone dying. You ought to check it out... Scout always ask me - why do you watch it if you're going to cry!! I say I don't know - it's just so sweet and fills me with hope, love, peace and happiness - it's like therapy!! Love it!!  Anyhoo - I've got lesson plans to type up, today was a holiday for us at school so I've made some cards, and some pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting... yum-mo!! Have a great week!!

2 comments:

Nessa Locke said...

I loved that movie, The Hereafter, but I haven't seen The Long Island Medium yet. I've seen promotions, but not the show.
I don't have a clue who would want to get in touch with me from the other side, but I sure know who I'd like to talk to. My best friend Marsha died in a fire when I was ten, and have a lot of things I'd like to tell that girl, starting with how much she affected in my life.

Ms. Hale said...

Nessa - let's call the Medium!!! Only I heard that there is a two year waiting list!? Can you even imagine?? I bet that Marsha would probably want to talk to you too... you've got to watch it - it's very, very intriguing....