Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Times are a changin....



Well tomorrow is a big day.... Shaw-lee-tamale will turn 12! yikes where has the time gone?? This school year has been a new and exciting experience for Shaw. Jr high... you remember those days don't you? I do - boy I'm glad I don't have to relive those days and don't even mention high school - geesh!

  Well this week Shaw had picture day and about a week ago, I noticed that Shaw had a little spot on his nose, so I did what any other mother would do... I teased him about getting his first pimple - got him pretty good - even cracked him up a time or two but then.... the pimple didn't get any better... in fact it started to look weird... so weird in fact that we went to the doctor... take a guess what it was - go ahead - imagine the theme song to Jeopardy and take a guess - yes Aleck - I'll take weird bumps on a 6th graders nose for $110 because after the co-pay and the creme for the offending bump - that's how much it cost me!!! The bump- could be ringworm but maybe not... what kind of diagnosis is that? I don't know but $85 creme should take care of many, many things!!  and of course he had to get his picture made for the annual with that thing on there... my kids always get me good when it comes to school pictures - one time Scout was so cute and dolled up when I dropped him off for school and when I got the pictures he's wearing a white hanes t-shirt, and one pant leg is rolled up - What the heck?? how about the time Sager got his picture taken and scratched his head right before the photographer snapped the picture so a giant tuft of hair was sticking straight up - yup - bought those too, so clearly a giant ring-worm-esque thing on Shaw's nose wasn't that big of a deal....
Look at that sweet boy - oooohh how I just love him... but this is what is really something... Brandon asked Shaw if anyone asked him about his nose and he said yeah that he just told him Sager got him with a stick... and Sager tells Shaw - ya know it's always better to tell the truth than to make up a lie.... such a smart brother but clearly Sager doesn't know how jr. high kids really are!

2 comments:

Nessa Locke said...

Oh gee. Maybe he could have dressed up as a dog for school pics. That would certainly cover the worm/bump! (And Happy Birthday to Shaw! Twelve is the very best age to be. So I hope he soaks it up.)

Maria said...

Nessa - twelve is a good age isn't it? still a kid but not a teenager... Costumes for school pictures should be mandatory!! I would go as a taco!