Friday, November 6, 2009

This is it...

Today is the day that Scout leaves for Lubbock for Regionals.  We are so excited about his meet tomorrow.  Let me say though that I am not just proud of how fast and long he runs but of the young man he's becoming.  Last night was his last practice and unfortunately his coach didn't show up.  I told him just to start running.  He was so worried that his coach would get there and think that he hadn't shown up.  So I told him I would wait there for a while and when the coach got there, I would tell him that Scout had already started running.  So Scout started off and as he ran off I thought well doesn't that suck.  He's the only, ONLY kid going from his school - now I am not saying that he is all that - but he's something, and here he is worried that the coach will think bad of him and the coach isn't even there.  Well, I wait and I wait and I see another coach come out and I ask where Scout's coach was and they said that he has left a while ago... blah, blah, blah... it didn't matter - but it does.


 So I wait and all the basketball boys leave, the basketball girls leave, someone turns out the lights in the gym and it's dark so now  my car is the only car in the parking lot and I wait... and then I see him coming, he's running, he's running to catch a dream, not a big  dream just a dream that maybe he might be something special, maybe he might be something good and I'm the only one there to watch him try, to watch him hustle, to watch him achieve his dream.  As he runs in, I start clapping for him because I know how hard he's worked, I know it hasn't been his coach on his butt.  I know.  Brandon and I are so unbelieveably proud of that boy - nobody has been there cheering him on, we've only gone to one meet and yet he's still going with no team mates to lean on, no coach to help him, no one but him.  


So there's my homage to that sweet little boy of mine,  who has worked so hard, I hope this will show him that hard work does pay off maybe just a little.  Good Luck Ninja - we're behind you all the way!!!

7 comments:

Marsha Meacham said...

Scout, 'run and don't grow weary'. You are strong of heart. Good luck!!!
Mrs. Meacham

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Mrs. Meacham - I have tucked away your beautiful words in my heart so that I will remind myself where my strength comes from, for I know that my family and I are very blessed! Thank you so much for being the best boss around!

UMM...UMM GOOD! POSSIBLITIES! said...

Maria, Scout is just a chip off the 'ole block. He is who he is not because of others but because God and You have always believed in him, cheered him on, and wanted only the best for him! His character stands out above the best and I know whatever the outcome tomorrow he will be able to hold his head high and be proud of himself! Gold is not only to be adorn around a neck but also in the heart! Go get 'em Scout! Show 'em the Gold in your heart! Best of Luck!

Jenschke Family said...

Awwww, Maria..you made me cry! I know you are proud and you should be. It is such a blessing to see our children grow into the person we have worked so hard to help them become.

Good luck Scout...you are a great guy and I know you will give it all you have! Run, boy, run!!!

Stephanie Harbin said...

What an amazing accomplishment. He shows discipline and drive and those things are so important to anything you do. Cheers to Scout! Hip Hip Hooray!

Deb ;) said...

That young man is amazing! How could he not be? Look at his amazing mama!! There are times when we have to believe in ourselves because no one else believes in us; thank goodness he has you, Brandon, and "the brothers"! I love you all!..Well, not Brandon, but..you know what I mean....