Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sager and his Rainbow Socks

I actually had to wear socks the other morning so, as I was looking for some in my sock drawer and I found Sager;s beloved rainbow socks.  You can not imagine how many memories these socks brought back.  Sager wore these socks everyday ( I mean everyday, there is absolutely no exaggeration when I make that statement).  He wore these socks for nearly a year.  He had to wear these socks.  Ever fiber of his being cried out in rebellion if these socks were not on his feet.  I must say I wish I had video taped some of the melt downs that occurred as I so lovingly and sweetly tried to explain to Sager that Mommy just didn't get the laundry done like she should have, she was busy doing other things like staying up all night to make sure a small child was breathing or medicating that small small child or trying to get that same small child to ear something other than chips and pretzels and other crunchy things ( I know excuses, excuses).  I must admit sometimes they weren't clean but who are you going to defer to the gods of cleanliness or a small child who has OCD in every cell in his body (and just for the record, I always defer to the small Monk).  The day that he could no longer fit his skinny little feet into the stupid things was a sad day indeed especially since Sager's ChaCha who started the whole rainbow sock thing couldn't remember where she got them (and believe me she tried because she ordered several other "rainbow" socks  must to Sager's disappointment.  Sager has gotten better about some things but not everything.  At least now he can wear regular white socks (although they have to have certain toes, and certain tops and certain middles, not too long and not too short... do you see a pattern here?)

No comments: