Wednesday, May 26, 2010

whew!!!! it's almost over!!!

It's almost over - the school year that is.... today was our last day before semester tests and it was a long day.... one of my students threw a fit and acted horrible. We were going to have a great day - make marshmallow catapults and end the school year on a wonderful note. WRONG!!! I swear, it was just like an inmate who's scared to leave the unit - and after the whole thing was over and I had to talk to the counselor - no really I did - for my sake as well as on behalf of the student, that I realized this poor little darling is upset about leaving school for summer. How depressing is that? It is really depressing. This year has been filled with some "Oh Lord" moments but today took the cake. What do you say to a kid like that? I'm praying that the summer takes as long as possible and this kid doesn't want it to even begin. I need to re-charge. **** disclaimer***** I love, love, love my job. It's a little sick I know but I do I love it. I love everything on a whole, some things are horrible wretched and dismal but then my kids will do something and it makes it all worth while. I love the people I work with and for. I love that I'm not the only person who loves getting out for summer but when august swings around - they're just as excited to come back! Do you have big summer plans? Me, I'm working on my melanoma riddled tan. I'm going to make a couple of golf scrapbooks and haul my kids here and yonder and love every minute of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Summertime ! Woot !