Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What a Looonnnggg week!


This week has really crawled by. I mean crawled by like trying to crawl through the Mojave desert with no chap stick and no water (and a wedgie!). Boy has it been rough. This week has been filled with disappointment for Scout, tiredness for Sager (and a bruised thumb!) and Shaw's had to put up with a gripey mother - don't you feel sorry for him? You ought too!! I can't take disappointments. Not initially - once I have worked through it, I'm generally able to see the entire situation and I'm normally able to see the positive spin but not this week. I have struggled to see anything positive with Scout and his situation (a less than stellar grade) and I hate that. I know that he is a great kid but when he falls short, I feel like a failure. I know that there are mom's who for whatever reason don't have contact with their children and so I know that I am very blessed to have such good relationships with them but it's me - I'm being selfish. As soon as I gripe at Scout and Shaw and even Sager, I hate how I feel. There are soooo many things worse than a bad grade. I tell my sister all the time - I swear - I should have gotten chihuahuas instead of kids. I worry that Scout isn't trying hard enough but really I worry that I am not trying hard enough. So many parents aren't there for their children whether physically or emotionally, and I really worry that I have let my kids down. When will this child raising thing get easier? arghhhhhhh.....

I'll be ready to get this week over with and move on to another one and maybe, just maybe I'll get some mojo back until then just ignore me!!!!

On a positive note - just for my faithful readers.... I am incredibly blessed to have the coffee club at school so I start my day out laughing and in case I need a perk up - my lunch group gathers so that I can listen to them and they can listen to me and I can remember what's really going on... nothing but love! Hugs your chihuahuas!

5 comments:

Ginger Wilson said...

In the desert with a wedgie....sounds like a rap song....hang on, let me check this text message......

Okay...I'm back! :) I can relate to what you are saying and know how you hurt. We all say things when we are disappointed, but I would be willing to bet your kids love you anyway! You are the textbook definition of "Protector"....you love you kids and that is why your heart is so huge!

Being a parent is so very hard and if we had all the answers, we sure would not be here on earth! I admire you and believe you are an amazing woman. When I count my blessings, you are surely one of them.

Coffee club and lunch....THERAPY!!!! How about a rattlesnake? :) <3 ya girl!

Maria said...

It's not my dog but my dog looks just like him! I think about getting him a wig so he can impress Mr. Snuggles.... thanks for being such a good friend.

West Texas Momma said...

That picture should be on the front of a card I would give you to cheer up! I can't say I understand your point of view although I do agree with your feelings... I have to say I know how Scout feels my crazy mother acted just like you! oh wait I turned out fine and I am not saying your CRAZY!!! lol sounds that way doesn't it!
Love you lots and we need to have our coffee club every friday night!

Maria said...

ooohhh Keely - Friday night coffee club sounds delicious.... what a great group of women I work with - and by the way Keely - even though you're only having one - the first one's the hardest!!!!! ha!ha!ha!

Maria said...

and Ginger - don't you know it's rude to check your text messages while I'm talking!!!! ha! who did you learn that from! ;)