Friday, April 30, 2010

Forgive me Father, I have sinned....


Yes, I have. I acted ridiculous at my son's little league game. I tried not to - I made it until the last few moments but I had to, I swear it Father. Please forgive me.....

Last night Shaw, poor sweet little Shaw, had his first little league game of the year. Unfortunately, we played the Little League team from Quanah, Texas. (After I type this, I may start to work on my tirade filled letter to the editor to be mailed to the Quanah, Texas newspaper, if they have one? who knows? anyhoo.... I digress.) This is the first year that these 4th graders have had to pitch so it's all a little new to them. I thought they played a really good game. They went back and forth with Quanah for the lead but they rallied and at one point were winning 10-5. Well we had some trouble with our pitching because of course 4th graders get tired after pitching 60 some odd pitches and we had run through all the kids who had practiced pitching and we were pulling from the ranks. Let me just say that these kids tried. They did and isn't that what we want? The Quanah adults sitting in the stand, berated and belittled and basically acted like fools through out the WHOLE game. I was shocked. Through out all of the years that Scout played, I just thought we saw some "enthusiastic" parents. Nah...., nah..... how these fools acted was shameful. They cheered and I mean cheered, celebrated, and acted out and out crazy over every little thing.... if our pitcher walked one of their kids - look out.... it was scandalous..... now don't get me wrong - I am prone to complain, fuss and possibly cuss under my breath about bad calls or whatever but not like this.

I made it until the last inning, the last play of the game when it happened, this enormous, rotund, fatty boom-ba-latty stood up and said - YEAH - WE GOT MORE HEART THAN YOU!!!!! What? What? Are you kidding me? They're little boys, kids, youngsters. LITTLE LEAGUE!!!!!! Obviously this woman is living vicariously through her child but come on. When was the last time she played catch with him? When was the last time she ran the bases? The only thing that she's running is her mouth.

So you know what I did..... I did it..... (I'm sorry Kyle Vannoy - he did look at me a little crazy when I began my tirade and really if he hadn't of been sitting there, I might have yelled some obscenities but in the back of my mind I thought hmmm..... probably better reign it in a little.....Kyle Vannoy - the voice of reason and restraint.) I yelled SHUUUUUUUTTTTTT UUUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!!! SSSSSHHHHUUUUTTTT UUUUUPPPPP, I even had spit coming out of my mouth.... it was hideous..... but that lard butt pushed me over the edge..... how dare she tell our kids that they don't have any heart? Does she even know our kids? Does she know what's going on in their lives? NNNNNNOOOOOOO - like my poor child - do you think it's easy to be sandwiched in between Scout and Sager? NNNNOOOOOOO, I myself had to jump his case this very same day after the bus driver said that he wouldn't wear his seat belt - so I did what every other mother would have done and waited for the bus to pull up and I immediately walked on the bus and embarrassed him and made him apologize to the bus driver.... no heart? How about having to put up with a lunatic mother like me? That boy's got a bigger heart than that woman's butt and that's big!!!!

So there you go - I've confessed my sins, (I even told my principal) so now all I have to do is a little penance and I'll be good - maybe 25 Hail Mary's and a couple of Our Fathers ought to do it..... and maybe buy Shaw a little prize....maybe.....

10 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Okay - Now, I've got to confess... cause I was doing and thinking the same thing - thank goodness KV was there - can't you just see the Childress Index - 2 CISD teachers caught in fight against poor & ugly Quanah baseball parents... LOL! We NEED this weekend!! Have a great one! And don't worry - I've got your back at the next game... (:

Melissa said...

Those are the type of parents who probably weren't athletic as kids, or adults, not popular, the outcast...so they are trying to live through their own children...They just need to grow up and get a life!! I can't believe you contained yourself for that long!

Maria said...

ooohhhh Melissa.... I just love you.... it was ridiculous wasn't it? Although we might have gotten a day off from school... although maybe without pay.... ha! This is going to be a looong season!

Maria said...

Melissa J - It was definitely hard to contain myself.... only because Scout was there and he kept saying - Stop acting like that!!! Ha!

Marsha Meacham said...

Thanks for giving me a belly laugh twice in one day.

Jenschke Family said...

I cannot believe I missed this! Dadgumm it, I needed a good hick bashin'! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

When Garrett played T-ball (yes T-ball) as a FIVE year old, he played a team that had parents that have to be the mom and dad of your rival. They were horrid! They danced in the stands when a FIVE year old got tagged out or ran the wrong way. They called them babies...ummmm....they were!!!! These people were just flat out nasty. Their coach's wife was Garrett's babysitter and she was humiliated. I had to sit in the dug out and hold Garrett because I wanted to bash them all. The ump asked them to stop but they just kept on.

People today do not understand sportsmanship. They do not understand encouragement. It is all about winning and they think belittlement gets them closer to the goal.

You did the RIGHT thing and I am sure KV was proud! LOL

Never change....you make us all laugh!

Maria said...

Kim - you feel my pain don't you!!! I just wanted to go up to them and give them a piece of my mind... and a piece of a left and a right if you know what I mean... no wonder half these kids won't want to play when they get older who would want to?

Ginger Wilson said...

Let me see if I have ever had a moment like this....hum....YES! To make you feel better, I actually went up to someone (a CHILDRESS fan) who was saying horrible things about Chase the first game of his senior year when he was not having the best game of his life at QB..... I listened and listened and listened until, like you, I could not take it anymore. My sweet Dad got a little carried away and almost started a riot! Oh, you could see all the cell phones texting people back in Childress! Wow!

Let me tell you what I learned from that experience, I would do it again in a heartbeat. You can only take so much "stupid vomiting" from other people before you have to stand up. When it is your kids, you stupid radar is more sensitive! You have such a passion for your kids and I think you acted out of "mama bear" instinct.

People can always say, "Well, you should have handled it this way...." but unless they are in the actual moment, they don't have a clue what they would do!

:)

Maria said...

Ginger - I knew you would understand!!

Carolyn V. said...

I loved "re-living" this scenario in my head again after you re-enacted it for me in the library the other day! All I can say is...YOU GO, GIRL! Wow...LOL Like I said, next time you play Quanah, TEXT ME! ;) Let me tell ya'....the stands will be filled with us Childress folks (LOL)..and I'll make sure to bring my camera! ;) Love ya', girlie, for all of your "stories"! Your life is NEVER dull!