Thursday, April 29, 2010

I know, I know - long time no blog.....


On the way to school today - I totally thought of a funny idea for a post but now I just can't remember - that's what TAKS will do for you!! Sucks not only your energy but your brains as well! I guess I'll just catch everyone up on what's been happening.... Sager went on a field trip to Caprock Canyons while some of the older students were taking TAKS test at his school. He had a pretty good time
although he did tell his teacher he was going blind and he had to sit and drink a bunch of water while he cooled down.... (sounds like fun, doesn't it!) then they went to the lake and looked for shells and then they
had lunch and he was totally distraught that he had to throw away his leftovers which he had planned on bringing home (even thought he knew that he had to throw it away!) Mercy!

Shaw has been taking the TAKS - Math and Reading - he thinks he did pretty well... we'll see... (he did really well last year so I'm not too worried) he's also been getting ready for a piano competition and last but not least he's started little league up again. This year he will be pitching. It makes me so nervous. He does well but they always look so little up there on the mound - I can't stand it when the other team starts heckling! The other night they had a scrimmage and Shaw pitched pretty good so when we get home, he asks me where Sager and Daddy were (after Shaw finished with baseball he had group lessons for piano so Brandon had taken Sager fishing at the park) and I said fishing, so after a while I noticed that Shaw wasn't inside... I worried that he was upset over how he pitched or hit or something so I didn't say too much to him. Well when Brandon and Sager got home I told Brandon that Shaw was upset about something and I thought it was baseball so when Shaw came inside Brandon asked him why he was upset and Shaw starts crying (big ole' crocodile tears...) and says..... I.
... I.... wanted to go fishing too!!!! holy cow! I thought it was about baseball... oh well... so much for my maternal ESP!

I took Scout to get his learners permit to drive yesterday. Holy cow I practically had a melt down right there in the DPS office. I just am ill equipped for this parenting thing. When I think back when I was pregnant with Scout, I thought I was soo self assured - when I went into labor, I brought my Lamaze handbook so that I could review the breathing exercises prior to labor... I had told myself that all those other women who had complained about how awful labor was, were basically just sissies! I could do this - I mean after all women had been having babies in the fields, in the mountains, and in caves for centuries - nothing to it!!!! and then my water broke and basically it's been down hill with the ill-preparedness. As Scout and I were driving around yesterday, I just couldn't believe that the little baby that I brought home from the hospital is driving... 15 years it's been... 15.... I think about learning to drive with my granny and I just marvel at the difference in my life and in Scout's (and Shaw's and Sager's!) My granny was so patient and would say - you're going a little fast, you're going a little slow, don't take the curve (the one right before you get to the yellow house) too fast... (but we always did...)just calm and patient... so wonderful.... I wonder what she would think of ole' Scout, I'm sure he'd charm her, I know that she would love Shaw's sweet ways and Sager's ornery ways... I'm trying to be a calm, loving force in my children's lives... but that whole calm thing - not really working out for me...



No comments: