Friday, September 3, 2010

Boy oh boy....

Boy oh boy... what a week - what am I saying, what a couple of weeks!!!  School has started and we have just finished the first two weeks.  I love the schedule of school but we have started a new curriculum, CSCOPE, and it's killing me!!! This is my third year and I absolutely love, love, love my job (although I did have a small melt down Monday and a small amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth was involved but I stayed in my room so nobody saw the hideousness!!!!) but this year we've started the year out with some craziness.  At our Jr. high, literally to me, I feel like we're one big family.  Of course I would be the black sheep with my humor and love of interpretive dance! but I digress.... One of the sweetest teachers who teaches math, who taught my Ninja, her husband contracted the flesh eating bacteria and was air-flighted to Amarillo. He is a strong man with a ruddy west texas complexion, who farms and loves every minute of it.   It was a shock.  A total shock.  She is the personification of quiet strength.  At the end of the year last year when I was going on and on about how Scout let me down by making a B, she sent me the sweetest e-mail - from one momma to another and in it she said basically that there are more important things than making a B.  Those words have echoed in my ears.  Her family is in my constant prayers and in my thoughts.  She is carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and yet there she is with quiet strength.  She has two daughters and a son and to me she is the best role model for love, strength, devotion, and courage.  If you're reading this.... take a few moments to contemplate what you would do if your life changed in an instance.  Would you be a role model or would you fold?  Take a moment to count your blessings.  I know I have.  Right now as I type, I'm watching TV with Shawlee Tamalee.  Last night I sat with Scout, who by the way, placed 5th in his first cross country race (out of 117 runners) (not too shabby!)we both had our laptops out, watching TV and just catching up.  How lucky I am to be blessed with such wonderful boys...  

4 comments:

Deb ;) said...

What Leah and her family are going through makes our school problems seem so small! Love you!

Mrs. Keys said...

I'm glad I know you... but, don't tell anyone! kidding... so true, so true! I can't believe that Shaw is a runner... cause I thought "smarts" were his forte.

Mrs. Keys said...

ummm... I meant Scout... Shaw, we will talk about when you post about him.... duh

Maria said...

Wow Lindsey! you must be getting old! Forgetting all kinds of names - I bet you're waiting for TV premiers!! You should read a book!!!