Thursday, September 23, 2010

Now this is scary!!!


Isn't he sooo scary??? I know not really.  I've had so many things that I wanted to blog about but I just can't decide anyhoo....  I asked Shaw what I should blog about and he said - blog about blogging... boring.... I have to say that I have several super funny stories in my head but I question whether or not I should tell them.  (You know my boss reads my blog... I'm just saying...)  

Did you know that I used to want to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?  I did.  Those white zip up boots were the bomb!! In elementary school a lot of the girls wanted to be cheerleaders and marry Dallas Cowboy football players but here was my problem.  I was so embarrassed to admit to the other cheerleader wanna-be's that nobody watched football in my house.  I had no idea about anything remotely attached to a football game but I did know about the cheerleaders!  So I read the sports section of the Amarillo Sunday paper looking for a famous Dallas Cowboy to marry.  Well there wasn't a whole lot of pictures of famous footballers so the article that I read was all about Tony Dorsett.  Do you know who Tony Dorsett is? Well, he was this awesome running back from back in the day.   Well I promptly went back to school and told all the girls that I was going to grow up and marry Tony Dorsett.  (keep in mind this was 78, 79...)  They did kind of look at me crazy but I just thought it was because they didn't believe that I would actually marry him.  So I faithfully started reading the sports page to keep track of my man.  Then one day it happened - there was a picture of him.  He's black.  Did you know that?  Not me.  Not that's there's anything wrong with that but not a whole lot of interracial dating going on at St. Joseph's Catholic school.  So what's the moral of my story?  It's this.  If you want to be a trashy, big haired, white boot wearing hussy prancing on the sideline of a professional sporting event - Do It!! but don't do it to fit in because sometimes one lie leads to another and then another.  And everyone knows - I'm a bad, bad, bad liar!!! Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

UMM...UMM GOOD! POSSIBLITIES! said...

What??? A WHITE girl and a BLACK boy!! What's that all about?? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :) Sorry, couldn't resist!

Maria said...

Lisa - you know what I'm talking about!!! ha!!!