Saturday, December 4, 2010

Poor Santa....

Well, it happened this morning.  It did.  I was hoping it wouldn't happen but deep down inside I was so glad that it hadn't happened.  It was my last hold of something special.  It really was.  Lord knows I gripe and complain about Christmas.  You've heard my rants and raves about my woebegone childhood.  But having Sager believe in Santa was sweet.  It was.  This morning, Scout was out of town hunting with PawPaw and Jackson and so Brandon loaded us up and we went to get breakfast at the bakery.  We were waiting in line and Sager said well I know there's no Santa Claus. ummm.... do what????? So I immediately said - WHO TOLD YOU THAT????? and he totally looked at me like I was crazy and said no one did - I figured it out myself.  First it's riding a bike and next thing you know Sager doesn't believe in Santa.  Holy Moly.... 


He had to figure it out right? I mean really a magical fat guy (and we all know how much Sager loves overweight people and their quest to get skinny)  who flies around in a sleigh with magical reindeer delivering toys to children round the world?  but man... he's still so little, well, I guess he is, he can't shave, doesn't wear deodorant, can't tie his shoes (we're working on that one.... pretty tricky though... have you seen how little his fingers are?) anyhoo... I just thought he would make it a little bit longer... although I really shouldn't be surprised, he's pretty logical about things... I'll have to let you know about how it ends up... Merry Christmas!
  

7 comments:

Belinda said...

I just had to comment.I still tell my boys 15 & 19 yrs old if you don't believe you don't recieve. Not really working for me. But Sager is so little yet SO SMART. At least he wasn't disappointed by some big kid spoiling it for him. Love your boys. He'll be shaving soon.

Maria said...

Belinda - I was thankful for that! He's hoping for a shaving kit for Christmas!! Hope everyone is good at your house!!

MammaBotos said...

awwwww... I still believe!! But it broke my heart when I found out the truth. I love Sager! Tell him I believe & he should too if he wants anything under the tree!!!! ; )

Stephanie Harbin said...

C still believes so far. She tells me that her friends tell her that it is your parents, but she doesn't believe them. I am glad for one more year. She shaves, wears deo, and ties her shoes, but still believes!! (Yes, really, she steals my razor and shaves.) One of my students came in the other day and said, "My dad is my Santa." I thought that was a great way to explain it. Tell Sager that you and Brandon are his Santa. Maybe that will make it special, still!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Maria said...

Stephanie - that is so sweet.... Sager knows about the parents thing but I guess he never put two and two together....

Jenschke Family said...

He is not allowed to speak to Guthri until after Christmas! LOL Sad day when they proclaim their knowledge of childhood fantasy truths. The growing up has just started and we have to hang on to memories. :(

Maria said...

Kim - I"m hanging on for dear life!!!