Thursday, December 23, 2010

Minnie Lee


Sager addressed  Minnie's envelope....
This week has been a very sad week for our family, especially Sager, his babysitter, Minnie Lee King passed away.  He was sooo sad.  Honestly he loved Minnie with all of his heart.  When I first started to go back to work, Sager would stay with Minnie, they would watch Price is Right, he would sit in her lap and she would just love him.  Even after Sager started to school, we would have to go by and visit with Minnie.  I would tell Sager - we are only staying a few minutes so  get in there and hug her, love her and then we're leaving...... next thing I know 2 hours have passed and Sager's eating cookies, and drinking a Dr. Pepper and Minnie and I have visited about all sorts of things.  We would laugh - it was the best.  Minnie was 88 and had lived a long wonderful life.  This was the first time that Sager had to deal with real death and sorrow.  When I first told him, he was furious with me.  He said Why did you tell me!!! and then he cried and cried.  After a while, he accepted it and was just worried about logistics.  Was she happy? Was she going to be all right where ever she was?  Was her house going to be empty?  Was someone with her when she died? (He was really worried about this one, he did NOT want her to be alone... how sweet is that?)  When we got home, he told me that he needed to write her a letter, and so I reminded him every so gently that she wouldn't see it, and he looked at me and said, if I write it, she will see it... duh....how silly of me... 

Here is the sweetest little letter that he wrote her.  This kid will never need therapy! Never... he's  totally in touch with his feelings.  This is what Christmas is about, love, adoration, honesty, and loyalty.  I don't know how she did it, but Minnie has filled Sager's heart and he will love her and remember her forever.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and remember to love someone in such a way that they will love you, forever, just like Minnie Lee King and Sager.

2 comments:

Ginger Wilson said...

Sager is going to make a wonderful father one day. His heart is bursting with love and compassion.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That boy always has a way to touching my HEART. If we all Loved as Sager Loves! Merry Christmas to all of You.