Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I know two posts in one day...

As I am making dinner the other night (fresh fettucine with pesto with turkey meatballs - notice I'm trying to be healthy here!)  I'm halfway listening as Scout flips through the channels occasionally landing on something and he lands for just a minute on TLC's Toddler's and Tiaras.... are you familiar with this tidbit of Americana? Holy moly... now while most people would be appalled at the outrageous antics of stage mothers (or cage mothers in the case of my sister - ha!! if you know my sister you'll have to ask her about this!) and their proteges, I love it!

     Why? well even though I am pretty much a tomboy, what with my love of jeans and pigs... I love, LOVE pageant hair and makeup!! I do... is that sick or what?    If I had a make-up artist and hair stylist,  would show up for school in FULL pageant wear!!!  I would.  I absolutely love the look of perfection.  The heavy foundation, the liquid eye-liner, tri-colored eye shadow, fake eye lashes... oh my... be still my heart.... and the fake teeth - the flippers!!!  gasp and swoon!!  Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to cover every flaw that you have... granted I'm really talking outside flaws but let's not quibble... how could you act ugly when you look perfect! Not me...  well I'm off to find me a form fitting sheath pageant dress with just the right amount of sequins for the first day of school!!!  Let me know if you've watched this fabulous show (psst... I won't tell anyone if it's your guilty pleasure...) and what you think about it!!


7 comments:

Nessa Locke said...

Maria! You're not one of THOSE?!!!!! haha. But I suppose everybody has to have a weakness. (Could you get a pig fitted for a tiara? hmmm...)

Maria said...

Nessa - don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind!! I guess that's why God only gave me boys so I wouldn't dress a daughter up like that!!! ha!! Spray tans and overly plucked eyebrows really aren't bad vices compared with other things! ;)

Connie Inman said...

Maria,
You and pageants mix like fish and concrete. I can't imagine you watching this show--must be something left from some lack of teasing/hairspray thing when you were younger... ??? Or, you're just a weirdo! hahaa

Maria said...

Connie - I know it's weird... it's a guilty pleasure... and probably I am a weirdo!!

Kyle Vannoy said...

Maria, Melissa wanted me to share this with you. It's pretty funny actually but you have to have seen the show to really get the humor in it. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLWKBWkn3s&feature=relmfu

Kyle Vannoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Melissa and Kyle - that was completely hysterical!!! That is exactly like those parents!!! I love it!