Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer is over... in approximately 2 days!!


Memories... like the
corner of my mind...

Summer will be over in two days.... sigh.... sob.... no really I'm ready for school to start - are you? well too bad - it's starting whether you like it or not! ha! Today I have been reflecting on all that has been this summer... how about you? was it all that you wanted and more? yeah? not really for me - it was something... Scout was busy running, he ran at Tech for track camp, he ran in Cloudcroft New Mexico with Tech cross country camp (which I highly reccommend!) Sager was busy growing... it took 9 years and 9 months to get to 40 pounds and 3 months to get to 51 pounds! wowzer...Shaw also is growing - he's wearing the same size shoe as Scout and he's officially starting Jr. high... I have a kid in Elementary, Jr. High and High School - holy crap!! I can't take it... you know what else I can't take it's this... seg way into what this post is really about...


misty water-colored memories...

People can we get real? Can we get honest? There are a lot of people who need to get real... honestly is there a way for one person to know everything? NOOOO... and quite frankly who would want to? I have a ton of useless knowledge in this ole noggin of  mine and if I worried about everything and tried to know everything, I couldn't function... heck - I can't find my keys half the time and if I had more useless information I would need a chauffer.  There is no way for one person to know everything about every situation... I love a fair amount of gossip but there is a place and time for people to just get on with their life... and that's all right... let's make a pact - you and I to get real with our lives, this year this is what I'm gonna do - I'm going to encourage and try to be as in tune with my kids as possible.  These are important times - I'll never get them back once there gone.  I'm gonna check and make sure Sager is happy and being successful (whatever success is for him...) in school and in his life.  I'm going to make sure Shaw is finding his niche in Jr. High, that he knows he's one of a kind and that's important.  I'm going to make sure that Scout has his eye on the prize (whichever prize he wants...) and not worried about how long his side burns are... just saying - it's one example... I'm going to be positive and encouraging.  If people don't like me, I can't change it.  I can't change them.  I'm going to be honest and I'm going to be real - no delusions of grandeur.  


of the way we were...

What are you going to do?  Tell me because it's a fact that if you tell someone you will become accountable for your words and actions.  Let's have a great year and do something great or good or even pretty good. I have faith in you - you can do it!!!

4 comments:

Deb ;) said...

This made me cry! How did they grow up so quickly?

Maria said...

I know....

Anonymous said...

Here,here! Every parent should learn something from your love for 3 different individuals with 3 totally different gifts to give this world in which they live! I saw that in you years before we were "friends"! I LOVE that; I love those 3 "S" boys! Who the heck doesn't?!?! In teaching them to fly, prepare yourself to let go. A mother's toughest job!

Here's to a successful year to Sager, Shaw, and Scout--greatness is in each! :) Love,love...

Maria said...

Well Connie - there is nothing anonymous about you!!