Thursday, July 9, 2009

How's your summer going?




I sure hope everyone's summer is going good.  We've had a pretty good and relaxing summer so far.  We've swam alot, slept in, stayed up late, had to get up early, played baseball, played golf, gone to the lake, gone to Amarillo for doctor's appointments, visited with family and I have even gone to some Stampin' Up stuff!   

We've finished up baseball.  Scout had a pretty good time at the Ranger's game and at Hurricane Harbor.  I won't even get into the drama that was his baseball team this year! Let's just say I am glad it is over with!!!

We've finished up with golf.  Sager learned alot and had a pretty good first year.  Shaw was definitely a stand out this summer!  He placed second at the last tournament and ended up tied for 3rd for the year!  He loves playing golf and he doesn't even mind getting up to go practice!  Shaw set a very good example for Sager.  Shaw was a very good sport and had very good manners while he was on the course (notice how I had to clarify that!!!).  My kids know that I don't like to be the biggest hillbilly at any given place so they know they better act right or else!!!  I am so proud of all of them!  I really am so blessed to be the mom of such wonderful kids!!!

Here are some pictures from the last tournament in Memphis.  Don't think I'm a bad mom but I had to leave early to take a test in Amarillo so I didn't get any pictures of Shaw.  I walked with Sager and Scout (Scout was the caddy).  Shaw had to play in a different group because he had points and Sager didn't.  I definitely made it up to Shaw though - we celebrated Shaw when I got home with a big cookie from Great American Cookie Co. and a new Star Wars toy!  Sometimes it's good to be celebrated for you and not having to be in one of the other brother's shadow! Middle children - you know what I mean!!!

No comments: