Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pianists...




Here are some pictures and videos from today.  Shaw and Scout played at the Methodist Church for a little luncheon that they have, I think monthly.  The boys played along with two other brothers - the Vannoy boys, Alex and Aric (their mom Melissa is a mom after my own heart - she has three boys too! )  The boys' music teacher - Mr. Monson played as well.  The lunch was lovely.  Someone had brought a lime green jello salad (I think it's made with  lime jello, cool whip, and maybe crushed pineapples.)  Scout of course got a little of it (I think he got a little of everything at least once.  Those little old ladies were like - honey I know you aren't full yet - go get you something else to eat and of course Scout obliged) and he had me taste it.  I was flooded with memories.  My Granny used to make different jello salads and I swear she had fixed a salad just like this except  I think she used to add pecans.  It was really a blast from the past!!!  It's so funny how the weirdest things can remind you of something.  

Speaking of nostalgia... When I went to Amarillo the other day to take my test, I went with my sister to pick up Jamison from dance camp at the Lone Star Ballet.  My sister is trying to get Jamison to not blend into all the other girls, you know kind of stand out so she will get picked for more dance roles and so I asked Jamison about wearing some pretty and BIG hair bows.  She tells me - oh Mia, you're  soooooo 80's!!!  I told her you got that right!!!


Sorry about the video of Scout I thought that I could flip the video but I can't figure out how to do it!!!

2 comments:

Deb ;) said...

I miss you and your awesome kids!

The Vannoy Family said...

LOVE the pics! Our boys did an AWESOME job!