Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Flip Off's.....

Yeah you read it right - It's Friday and I'm flippin' off everything that made me mad this week. I saw this on another blog and loved, loved, LOVED the idea of it.... hmmmmm where to get started?????

To all the people who wore the most inappropriate bathing suits at Hurricane Harbor - here's to you a full flip off!!! you wouldn't believe all the boobs, butts and guts that we were subjected to on Thursday - holy moly - and the old lady who stood at the lockers lotioning and oilying her 70 year body - I'm flipping you off with both hands because as you bent over to lotion up your legs - you flashed Brandon and I some of the scariest two things I've ever encountered.... **shudder**

To the freckles and age spots that came after we left Hurricane Harbor - boo-yah to you too!!! you're going to get a single flip off because part of it is my fault - I didn't wear sunscreen but that shouldn't matter - everyone knows that you look better with sun damage.....

To all the rain - yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that farmers love you but enough already..... I'm tired of the wetness..... flip -off!!

To teenagers - a behind the back, over the shoulder and up in the air FLIP-OFF!!!! I once went to a work shop that says teenagers are really only demons for three years - I'm currently testing this theory - you'll have to wait on my findings!!!


Now so that no one thinks that I'm nasty and negative - I have High-Five Friday for some fabulous things that happened this week!!!!

A High-Five goes out to Cook's Children's Hospital.... they had volunteers in the waiting room playing and coloring with the patients - how nice is that????

Another High-Five goes out to Dr. Scott Perry of said Cook's Hospital - a fire ball of knowledge and humor - he's our new pediatric neurologist - as we're visiting with him - Sager leans over and tells Brandon - I like this dude!!!

A High-Five of course to Sager for being so well behaved at Cook's Hospital - he had to get an EEG done and when the guy finished with the test, Sager stuck out his hand to shake and told the guy - thanks for everything - you were great - how mature is that?

A High-Five goes out to Scout for going and helping his Pawpaw go build fences in Gruver. Surly but sweet - I just love it when someone other than me has to feed Scout and share in my grocery pain!!! Ha!!!! (I really should high-five Scout because he is working at Heather's and working some at a local vineyard.... but I wouldn't want his head to get tooo big!)

and so no one will ever accuse me of being un fair - a HIGH-FIVE to Shawlee-tamalee, we are so blessed to have him - I just love that guy!!!

So there you go - Flip offs and High Fives for this week - who do you want to flip off or high-five???


7 comments:

Jenschke Family said...

Girl....I love you! The swimsuit issue...well, you should have added all the "little" girls' moms who let them wear string bikinis to the city pool! Absolute disgrace! Saw a 5th grader with both cheeks hanging out and only a thread covering the front. The top was nothing but band-aids and my teenage son and 8 year old daughter were even embarrassed! Now that is bad...Sad world we live in.....Of course I kind of like all the "Bahama Mommas" at the water parks. Makes me think I LOOK GOOD! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Maria said...

Kim - we're totally alike - I even pranced around a little because I felt so good around the Bahama Mamas!!!! ha!!!! Let's just say I should have bought stock in sunscreen because of all the skin that was showing at Hurricane Harbor!!!! eeeewwww!!!!

Deb ;) said...

LOL! Thanks for the laughs!!

Melissa said...

Oh Girl!! You should have seen some the people at Six Flags on Thursday!! I'm talking barely nothing on and they weren't more than 15 or 16! I told my girls if they EVER even asked me to wear something like that I would choke them! Let me tell you about the 40 year old at Grapevine Mills mall whose boob was practically hanging out! Bright little Auzlyn goes..Hey Daddy! I could see her boobie, Did you?
It was quite amuseing!

Maria said...

Melissa - you better thank your stars that your sweet little girl didn't see the boobies that Brandon and I did... we're both still shuddering....eeeewww!!!!

The Vannoy Family said...

hahahahahaha! You make us laugh! KV read outloud your blog - we were all laughing! The "visions" we have now in our minds! Bad! Hope your summer is going well!

Mrs. Keys said...

I don't know what to say... I'm late reading it, but I "likes" it.... made me nervous, and sweat a little bit. And, you are blessed to have Shaw... just love him.