Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is classic Sager....

Well it has been a while since I've posted, but I've been, real, real busy washing pigs and chickens and winning!!! This year was an extraordinary year - somehow all our stars were in alignment and we did very, very well at our county show.... how well do you ask? Well, Shaw and Scout both placed 1st with each of their pigs (four first places) then Shaw won Breed Champion with his poland china, Beyonce, then he won Reserve Breed Champion with his duroc and then Shaw won Reserve Grand Champion with Beyonce!! Woo-Hoo! but it gets better!! Sager won Grand Champion with his chickens!!! Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!!  How lucky are we!!!

So this is classic Sager - we stop by our friend's, Matt Burba (who coincidently bred Shaw's Reserve Breed Champion duroc, so give him a call for all your pig needs, big and small, he can handle it all!) and his friend, Drew, well Sager and Drew have had prior troubles, there was an ugly whistle incident, clearly no one clued Drew into the importance of letting Sager blow the whistle in P.E. but that's all been forgotten.... ever so slowly by Sager..... and maybe forgotten isn't the right word.... maybe.... pushed to the side of Sager's brain ... still there but not as big.... anyhoo I digress.... so somehow we got to talking about watching tv and Sager says that he likes the show Strange Addiction (on A&E) and Drew tells us about how his grandparents used to drink a little bit of bleach to clean out their system.... so Sager gets real quite and says well.... I was startin' to like you until you brought that up..... hmmmmm.... totally hysterical!  He says the funniest things!

Well two more days and then sigh.... gasp.... sob... Scout turns.... 16!!!! ugh!!! right now he's sitting beside me showing me his badge of honor.... and that would be a blackened toe nail that is fixing to fall off.... did you know that people who run (excessively) are prone to have their toe nails fall off? I didn't but as I'm looking at a blackened nail - I believe it.....  As I was coming home from the store this evening, I saw Scout running, and for a moment I had a total panic attack, I thought - OMG he's running away from us..... figuratively and literally... I'm sure it's the whole turning 16 and him not being a baby and me being too young to have a 16 year old... yada, yada, yada but I don't know... me no likey.....it's not like he's moving out of the house, it's not like he's going off  to college, it's just.... I don't know - it's something.... well, I'm off to finish supper and await the falling off of the nail... until them I'll be planning next year's pig and chicken coup.

No comments: