Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day.... I guess....

 So today the Valentine's parties were held at the elementary school.  Shaw of course got gobs of candy and of course Sager was highly disappointed - he said - all I got was paper (uh they're call Valentines dude!)  so I went through their sacks and I found the sweetest Valentine's card.  It was handmade - you know that's my favorite!  Well I called Sager in there and asked Sager who made it and he made an awful face and I said - what's up with that? and so he procedes to tell me that he really liked the card and that he thought that it would be from someone really sweet and kind (like Ansley), but it wasn't.  So I said well Sager what if they couldn't afford store bought Valentine's? and he said being poor is fine but being mean isn't and she's mean....hmmmm... I believe your right young man. 

 So moral of the story - I don't know - maybe even a handmade card can't change a hateful heart or made handmade or store bought doesn't really matter unless you give a really, really big piece of candy with it.... just saying people - I'm a realist.

Have a great Valentine's Day!
Much love,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Valentine's Day Hata Club!

Stephanie Harbin said...

It is always the thought that counts no matter how it is packaged!! Love that Sager.

jaden. (: said...

just sayin' i absolutely ADORE Sager,
he hung out with me at the baseball games this past Saturday, and he's a trip.

you're blessed, Ms. Hale.


-Jaden.

Maria said...

thanks Jaden - he was a little "concerned" about sitting by the high school girls! ha!