Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm so excited!!!

We're packing our bags and getting ready to go to the pig show in Tri-State Fair in Amarillo. I just am soooo excited!!! I love everything about going to the livestock show. I love that Shaw and I have worked together so that he can show his pig in Amarillo. I loved showing animals. My sister got us started - she signed up for an Ag class in high school and showed a lamb. Somehow she hooked me into helping and I think I even ended up helping to clip it on the day before the show - maybe because she was over snogging with her boyfriend!!! Shout out to Shawn!!! I don't think that she did very good but we had a good time.

I've showed lambs, pigs, and steers. I loved everything about showing. I love watching the kids get their animals ready with the parents hovering close. I love watching their serious faces as they try hard to prove their animal is better than the next kid's. My little brother won a showmanship buckle for showing his pig and of course he never even said thank you to my sister and I for giving him all of our showing advice!!! Ha! We were on the outside of the ring as he was showing and he was on the inside ignoring us! Doesn't he know that that's what older sisters are supposed to do? I've talked Sager into showing some chickens and Scout too! Shaw's the only one whose going to show a pig. I think the others are too scared!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to be nice!!!

3 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Have fun! I have sheared pigs - in the rain, snow and even 6 mo. pregnant - argh! Bathed them in baby oil, hand fed cookies just so they would become tamer... ah the joys of pigs! LOL! Good Luck - can't wait to rib Scout - must be scared, huh!

Jenschke Family said...

I agree!! I love stock shows. When people just look at like we are crazy I just grin and think....you have no idea. It took me a couple of years to get used to the pig thing though. I was a steer girl and got so confused watching pig shows. I understand it all but only see what my kid is doing. Lonnie will be telling me about this kid or that kid and and I have no clue what he is talking about. I see nothing but Garrett. Guthri will be our little shower. She has been counting down the days until the pigs "get home" for almost a month! She loves it. We keep telling Garrett she is going to whip him because she will work harder. He doesn't believe us!!! He has that teenage attitude of "ummm....I just get it because of who I am!" Yuck....But, it has been the best years of our lives. I believe without a doubt that Garrett would not be the person he is today if he would not have shown animals. Have fun and enjoy! See ya at the shows!!

West Texas Momma said...

hey hope shaw's ear gets better!!!