Monday, September 7, 2009

My Lucky Day....

What a day! This could be my luckiest day in a while. We were supposed to go to the lake this weekend but Brandon and I decided not to go. He spent Saturday and Sunday riding his new horse and I stayed at the house and got caught up on my chores! While that doesn't sound all that fun, I feel so much better knowing that my house is situated! This weekend wasn't all work and no fun, I went to the golf course with Shaw and Sager, and Scout and I baked some banana bread, (I did the cooking and he did the eating!!) and then I went and visited with some of my teacher friends on Sunday evening. (Brandon had cooked out for the boys and had cleaned the kitchen by the time I got home!) I had a blast laughing and just hanging out. Today I found my camera that I thought was at the lake, I found my other brown flip flop that I had been searching for for like a month and I also found my favorite black Land's End polo shirt that I have been missing since this summer! How lucky is that!?!

I also found Scout's results for his first cross country track meet! I tell ya I'm lucky!!! Scout's first meet was quite the disappointment for him. He really wasn't as prepared as he should have been. Although it wasn't his fault, if your coach has you run a 2.2 mile run at practice and your meet run is 3 miles - it's not your fault. I'm trying to be positive for him but man it's HARD!!! He wants to do better and I'm all for that! Anyway after searching for a little while on the internet, I found that he finished 38th out of 95 kids! That's not bad! He finished first out of the Childress kids (he just barely beat the kid that he runs with! like 2 seconds!)

I'll be anxious to see how he does at the next meet! Wish him luck everyone! I hope tomorrow is as lucky for you as today was for me!!

2 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Hey Woman - lay some luck on me... still looking for my garage door opener and Alex's cell phone... LOL! Scout is an awesome student - would love to know the website where you found the stats of the race... my niece ran in it from Frenship also. Enjoy your 3 day weekend! Yahoo!

Stephanie Harbin said...

Good Luck Scout!!! May all the other guys eat botulism burritos the night before and wake up with stomach aches!!