Friday, January 22, 2010

Man oh man...

Its been a long time since I've blogged last.  First thing is Shaw showed Rosie the Pig, his back up pig, the one we really planned on showing ended up lame, at the Childress County Livestock show.  He got first place in his class and third for Reserve Breed Champion.  He did such a great job.  He listened to all the advice of his parents and our friend Matt Burba, that's what Sager calls him, not Matt, but Matt Burba.  Shaw had the best time, playing with his friends, helping his daddy and me and taking care of Rosie.   Any hoo... here's some pics...







My friend, Lisa took the picture of Shaw with Rosie. Isn't it the coolest picture?  That's a good lookin' pig!!  We are soooo proud of Shaw.  Do you know how much poop he had to scoop?  Do you know how many times he had to brush her and walk her?  Alot!  Isn't he the sweetest?  I love him!!  


The next thing that we had to do was Scout's 15th birthday.  I know, I know, how can anyone so young as me have a kid whose 15?  Just kidding.... we had pizza, and cake... let me show you a picture of the cake...


Summer Schaefer made it.  It was chocolate and delicious!!  We're almost done eating it!  Well... that's about all I have to report... for now anyway.   


Oh one thing... this is a total plug for my nephew Jackson.  Jackson just turned 12 at the end of December and he plays baseball in Amarillo.  He plays alot of baseball.  He loves baseball.  I mean he LOVES baseball.  Anyway Jackson goes to this baseball thing to try and get his name out there for maybe like a Junior Olympics team and he throws some pitches and they clock him on a radar gun and he is throwing a 61 mile an hour fast ball! 61 miles an hour!!!!!  Is that crazy or what?  I just can't hardly stand it!!!  Jackson keep up the hard work and soon your Mia will be watching you on television!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

3 comments:

West Texas Momma said...

Shaw looks so good!!!! I am glad he placed! Was that the cake that was in the lounge? I didn't eat any but it sure looked good...

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Shaw with his pig! He is such a handsome young man! Scout, Shaw and Sager are all great kids....you are doing something right! :)

Maria said...

Ginger - I'm trying!!!