Sunday, January 31, 2010

Total bit of randomness.....

This really is a kind of random thing to write about but here for the past couple of days (we've been without electricity so I've had time to ponder several mundane things....) I've been thinking a lot about these things... first thing is Dog the Bounty Hunter.  I'm sure you're thinking, ok....., but riddle me this,  Dog the Bounty Hunter is quite frankly one of the most recognizable television personas.  The mullet, the bad false teeth, the huge breasted wife Beth (who has an alias - Beth isn't even her real name...) who also has freakishly blonde hair, the dangerous job, cameras following him around, all of it, leads Dog to be infamous.  But did you know that Beth is Dog's fifth wife? 5, Fifth, 1,2,3,4,5!!!! That's a lot.  Did you know that he has 14 children? 14?  What's the child-support on 14?  Most of them are probably old but did he pay child support on all of them?  This bothers me.  Now I'm well aware of the allure of bad boys.  They're dangerous.  They're exciting, but really.... Five wives... What does Dog really bring to the table?  I've seen him.  I've heard him.  I think there's something up... I'm just saying....

Now the other thing that I've been contemplating... Dan Jansen.  The Olympic speed skater, you know who he is.  There was a commercial about him and Scout asked me who he was and as I was trying to tell him who Dan Jansen was, I started crying, just thinking about the sad story that was Dan Jansen.  He was the favorite to win a Gold Medal in the Olympics and early in the morning before he was to race, he found out that his sister was on her deathbed from Leukemia, and he fell during the race and the gold medal alluded him.  Then he came back at the next Winter Olympics and lost a race or something and then finally won an Olympic gold medal and skated around the track with his daughter Jane, named after his dead sister.  Now, I must profess that I was a total Dan Jansen supporter.  But looking back on it.... didn't he know she had leukemia?  Doesn't it take a while to get to your sick bed from leukemia?  Was this some sort of made for TV drama?  I'm disturbed by this.  I'm also disturbed that he left his wife for some Sports Illustrated hussy.  Should we forgive his infidelity because of all the angst that he must have been feeling because of his sister?   I'm sure his wife might disagree with this especially since it was supposedly a surprise to her when he asked for a divorce. 

Now this also leads me to John Edwards.  I have listened incessantly about how his wife had changed from when they were young and in love and that after their son died and then John went into politics, she changed.  Andrew Young, the guy who's telling all John Edwards' secrets stated that Elizabeth wanted in the White House just as much if not more than John Edwards and she worked hard to get there so that makes her a witch who basically deserves to be cheated on. He also stated that when she found out about the affair, she yelled at John Edwards and said crazy things... uh..... yah.... no duh!!!! Of course she became an overbearing, cell phone checking, midnight calling, crazy woman... why wouldn't she?  If I think my man is stepping out on me with some flake who has come into our life, you better believe that I'm going to do some hollering, some trash talking and a lot of unnecessary phone calling!  What is wrong with that ninny Andrew Young and his wife.? I don't care how enamored you are with someone, right is right and wrong is wrong.  If I was Andrew Young's wife - I might be calling him at midnight because if he is going along with all this deception, there's a chance that maybe he's doing something unsavory.  Holy moly... these people are ridiculous!!! 

So that's my rant and rave.  Think of it what you will - but I do feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest!

No comments: