Sunday, June 21, 2009

Golf Update....






Shaw and Sager's first golf tournament was in Quanah and we had the best time.  Sager did very well - he didn't complain too much and he even pulled his clubs almost until the last hole! I was so proud - now Shaw-lee-tamale did very, very good!  He scored a 23 and ended up in a chip off for fourth.  His nerves got the best of him and the other kid (who is a very good little golfer!) beat him by a stroke!  But don't get me wrong Shaw did great.  This is only his second year to play.  The next tournament was in Shamrock and Sager didn't play but he did go along for the snacks.  Yes, you read that right, Sager was up at 5:30 a.m. ready and I asked him Don't you want to play? and he said no, that's OK, I'll just ride in the cart and have snacks.  (What does that tell you about my kids?  I don't know? but it's definitely something!!)  We played with Morgan and he kept us laughing the whole time - Crocodile Dundee as I like to call him found a dead bird, some caterpillars, a turtle,  and a hare! I'm not lying, he cracked me up!  Shaw played even better at Shamrock, he scored a 19 and ended up placing third!  I am so excited that he has found something that he really enjoys and something that he doesn't have to compete with Scout (you know it's hard being that middle child!).  

Well today is Father's Day and I hope everyone has celebrated their Dad - I sent mine a card (of course I made it - it was pretty cute if I do say so myself!) and I'll call him later.  Shaw and Brandon golfed in a Father - Son scramble and Shaw did play pretty awesome - oh and I guess Brandon did all right as well (ha-ha - just kidding - he played great!)  Scout mowed the lawn for Brandon and we got him some golf clothes and Sager got him a Bass shirt!

Well tomorrow is the Childress tournament and I'll post some pictures!!