Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On my mind...

I'm sitting outside while Shaw and Sager are swimming.  Scout's in Altus playing baseball (I hope he's feeling all right!) The sun hasn't completely set but it's nice and cool and it's feels so lovely!  As most of you know from a few posts ago, my brother is getting out of the Marines and he and his family are trying to decide what path they are to take.  I can only imagine having to start all over again and try to decide what is best for their family.  My sister and I, luckily have such predictable lives, it really makes me feel so blessed that our families are in such  good places.  My sister really is my bestest friend.  Growing up she was totally the mother and we butted heads all the time.  But that was a long time ago!  Her husband Shawn is hysterical.  He's a cop (which is weird because he's probably the wildest guy I know!)  They have three amazing kids, Jackson, Jamison and the newest Jaeli.  They are totally devoted to their kids and put them above everything else.  When we were growing up, our parents didn't really participate in traditional ways,  so to both of us, going to school functions, games, recitals etc is really, really important to show that support.  I guess with the upheaval that is going on in my brother's life, I makes me contemplative and I feel that I should put it out into the world how blessed I am to have such a good sister.  She has always been there through thick and thin (literally and figuratively!!!) My dad always preaches the idea of how important family is and about how if he were to ever go to war and have to fight from a fox hole, he would want Sarah and me to be fighting beside him (he says it's because were so mean and tough but I think it's because we're such lovely company!! )  Anyhoo... Sarah - thank you for being such a good sister! I love you!

4 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

Hey Mannford, OK here. I am at my aunt's house and she doesn't have wireless, but I got my compuer out to show her some card ideas I had saved and I guess the neighbor's network showed up. Anyway, at least I can check my email from my laptop. I hope you found your ribbon and embosslit on your porch. Have a great week!!

Maria said...

Steph - I did!!! such a treat!! Thank you!!! - I've already got ideas for the ribbon!!!

West Texas Momma said...

hey girl I now how wonderful it is to have a sister! I am blessed to have a good one! I will be in town on monday for a doc appt. at 10. Do I need to bring you pictures for the announcements or just come pay you for the extras? I don't remember what you told me. Just let me know I have pictures ready if you need them if not I can stick them in the card and mail them... Sorry I think my brain came out when they pulled Tripp out! See ya soon.

Maria said...

Keely - do bring the pictures and we'll go from there. We're golfing Monday morning but we should be done by 10:30 or 11:00 or just call me - whichever!!!