Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a great weekend!









This weekend we went to Lake Kemp to celebrate Suzanne's birthday.  As most of you know my name is Maria and I am addicted to the SUN!!!!! 
I love it! I do! I am a self professed sun worshipper.  I know the ramifications, melanoma, cancer, age spots... the list goes on and on but I firmly believe that everyone looks better with a little skin damage.  So of course my main goal this weekend besides celebrating Nana and her day of birth was to get me a rockin' tan!  Let's just say the weekend was a complete success!!!

We ate some delicious food, rib-eyes, french fries, onion rings, baked squash, these onions that could be baked or grilled (you put a thick slice of onion in foil and slather it with seasonings and buttah! and then either stick it on the grill or in the oven. De-lish!!!)  Scout really liked the onions.   Then before everyone left Nana opened her present and we had chocolate desert that Scout and I called Michael Jackson desert in homage to the now deceased King of Pop.  It was a chocolate layer on top of a cream cheese layer on top of a crust and topped off with cool-whip! Mason said he wasn't sure if he liked the MJ desert or banana pudding better - we would need to have both at the same time to have a taste test! Mason - I'm with ya!!!  Anyhoo - the weekend was so fun, I've posted some pictures of Marshall fixing Nana's readers - Marshall says that you can fix anything with duct tape and zip ties!  I hope everyone had a good and relaxing weekend! 

On a side note - the kitty is still alive.  We even took him to the lake and even he must have had a great time!

No comments: