Thursday, June 25, 2009

This can't be good....



On Tuesday night the boys and I were at  Scout's baseball game.  It was a double header, it was hot, he didn't play that good and the little boys were covered in dirt from playing on a dirt pile, in other words it was a lonnnnnnnggggggg night!! (As Sager says I have crumbs in my boody!)  Anyhoo, it was about 10:15 and Brandon's cousin and her little girl drive up and proceed to ask me in front of Sager and Shaw if I can help take care of a kitty that the momma cat dropped off in their backyard, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, long story short - I left the game, went to Walmart, got some milk and now I am the surrogate mother of a 2 day old kitty (who still had the umbilical cord attached, eyes closed etc,)  However, Sager says that if I help this cat live he will reward me with a dollar.  (Isn't that nice, round the clock care for $1!!!) I told the brothers that kitties really, really, really,  need their mom's and that he would probably die. (Don't think I'm mean, it's called reality!) So here we are on day 3 and the kitty is still alive - he's woogily but he's alive.  I guess that's all that matters for right now!  Sager - where's that dollar?????

4 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

Ciara wishes she was there to help. Her kitty died in the storm, as you probably know, cause she tells everyone. She is a kitty lover. Good luck with it.

Maria said...

Thanks Steph! I'll need all the luck I can get!!

Emily said...

Ohhh so cute! You have to keep the kitten! Or give it to me..

Maria said...

Emily - my son Sager might be catatonic if I gave the cat away!! We're at day 6 and he's still alive after a trip to the lake! Thanks!