Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday, Finally!!!


This week has really gone slow, maybe so I could savor all the new things that are going on!! My classes at school really went smooth, I'm a little nervous that something bad is going to happen because it went sooo smooth. Scout has weathered his first week of being a freshman, Shaw is an old pro at being a fourth grader and Sager, well let's just say Sager may need a little more time. School itself has gone fine for Sager but he's really missing his old friends. He feels like he doesn't have any friends (he says he's lonely). It absolutely pains my heart that the new kids haven't taken to him like the other kids did. I don't know what it is... The other day I asked him how school went and he said awesome - he said - I saw some of my old friends and they called my name because they wanted to talk with me. I've thought about bribing someone to be his friend but Brandon tried that and it didn't really work!! Scout says that's what we get for making him do second grade over - Scout says that it would have been better to put him in Special Ed and let him have his friends than to hold him back. You know it must be pretty obvious that Sager's not happy when his teenage brother is worried about his little brother's feelings. (I know that Sager is soo blessed to have Scout and Shaw but now neither one is on the playground with Sager! =(

Maybe week two will bring some more goodness not just for Sager but for everyone around!! Be a good friend to everyone - you just might bring someone a little bit of happiness when they need it the most!!

9 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

oh Maria, that just breaks my heart. If I see him in the hall, I will make a special effort to talk to him. We did talk one day and he smiled really big when he recognized me. I am so sad that he is lonely....

Maria said...

me too....

Cliff said...

Maria,
Brittany went through the same thing when she repeated 1st grade. Seemed like she didn't know anyone, but then by the end of the first six weeks she was talking about all the kids in her class and now she has made great friends in her group.
Sometimes last year I would see her on the playground waiting for the 3rd graders and I worried that she didn't have 2nd grade friends but she said she just wanted to tell someone in particular "hi".
As sweet and sociable as Sager is, he will make new friends fast!

Cliff said...

that wasn't Cliff. It was ANN

Carolyn said...

Hey, girlie..you know he always has Sierra! If only "the others" would take to him like her! But just reassure him that he's the "new kid", and like all new kids, it just takes some getting use to. I'm thinking about him and praying for him!!

Maria said...

Thanks Ann - I sure wondered how Cliff got on my blog!! That does make me feel better - I forget that Brittany was in the same boat. I keep telling myself that it will get better for him - but just not quick enough!!!

Maria said...

Carolyn - I think about how nice it is that Sierra is sitting by Sager and it truly makes me feel better. thank you for keeping him in your prayers!!!

Jenschke Family said...

Oh Maria, I am so sorry. My heart just aches for that sweet baby. I know my daughter is not sociable and she can be rude. I have visited with her and she says she will try. When it comes to it she is so introverted that it hurts! She will warm up, I promise.

I talked with Sager briefly on Friday and he was smiling so maybe that helped a little. Hang in there! It is always tough to see our kids hurt and we just want to fix it. It will get better. I have seen this before and you know it isn't long until all the kids act like nothing is any different.

Love you and that sweet guy so if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I'll high 5 him every time I see him so maybe that will help!

Maria said...

Kim - you're a darling!!! Thank you sooo much! It's hard to believe but I was a lot like Guthri - painfully shy, painfully shy, after I grew up I was visiting with a dear lady who drove our school bus and she said she never heard one word come out of my mouth all school year long! That pains me for Guthri but maybe her and Sager will soon get to be friends. I just have to be patient that things will get better, I know that Sager is surrounded by adults who are looking after him and that does make me feel better. I have to believe that it will get better but I can't make it better immediately and that's what I don't like!!!!