Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lessons learned...


As many of you have seen on my blog, there is a video of Sager dancing.  It is quite possibly the funniest thing on earth (to me) so that is why I put it on there.  Well, it seems that although I'm not the only one who thinks it's funny but the one person who doesn't think it is funny is Sager.  Yesterday, two people very sweetly told Sager how much they enjoyed his dancing. OMG!!! long (and painful) story short - Sager busts out crying (basically freaking out!) and I could not even imagine what in the world was wrong.  Sager loves attention.  He does. Plain and simple, he loves it.  Well when we got home, I tried to talk to him about it and he tells me would you want me to take a video of you in your bra and underwear (please everyone, take a small moment to shudder and thank God there is not video of that!!)?  so I asked him, were you embarrassed? ya-ah! Sager says.  Oh, OK!?!  So if you've seen the video don't tell Sager.  Let it bring you happiness and laughter cuz it's funny!  So I learned a valuable lesson, if Sager gets embarrassed, he'll get over it but he's going to need a little prize. (a sneaky trip inside a secret lair and an "action" hat really will make him feel a little better!)

Just on a side note - I probably set up Sager's bad day by telling him to wait to take his lunch, I thought they were going to have chicken nuggets (which he loves) but instead they had chicken spaghetti (which he hates) and it was even so bad that he asked his teacher Mrs. Gunn to let him call me and so she told him no (of course) and she got "the look" from him.  Sorry Mrs. Gunn but sometimes it's nice not to be the only one who makes Sager mad!

3 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

I love the pic of Sager in his hat. He showed it to me this morning. He was very proud of it. He was really happy then, so maybe part of the storm has passed. He was very sweet to Ciara. She had her gymnastics trophy and showed it to him. He thought it was cool and told her good job! I will never ever mention his cool moves!!

Maria said...

Thank you Stephanie, Sager will appreciate it!

Ginger Wilson said...

I'm so glad that taking a trip to the secret super-hero lair made him better as well! :)

When I gave Sager his picture today, he told me this, "I would like to apologize for acting the way I did yesterday around you and your little girl. I'm sorry." MY HEART MELTED!!! I gave him a big hug and told him it was okay! What a sweet guy! That says a lot that he apologized to me and was not told to do so!

Give him a big hug for me! You have three awesome boys!