Saturday, May 2, 2009

Poor Scout!



Scout woke up yesterday congested and kind of snotty.  I asked him if he wanted to stay home even though he had his last TAKS test - Social Studies to take.  He of course said no that he was all right.  Well like the trooper he is, he did go to school and took his test and when the test was over, all the kids got to go play on the field or basketball or wall ball, basically get some energy out!!! Well I was in the Gym and I see him walk in and he doesn't have his socks and shoes on and so of course I was grossed out and walked over there to get on him and when I got there and asked him where his shoes were, I noticed he had blood on his face and a bloody kleenex on his nose (aren't I just the best mom?) so of course I freaked!!!  Long story short... Scout was playing football and he had taken his shoes off because he didn't want to get his Puma's dirty... and he and another kid ran into each other, the 6th grader, ended up with a black eye and Scout ended up at the Emergency room with a broke nose!!!   Of course I lectured him all the way there and told him he should have listened to me and just stayed home, blah, blah, blah... and when we got there, there had been a horrible accident and a family of eight had a car accident, one person had died, four had walked away and three were being life flighted out.  Talk about a reality check.   

So kiss your kids and your old man or old lady because sometimes a busted snout isn't all that horrible in the bigger scheme of life.  (With that being said, I'm not so sentimental that I won't post pictures of Scout's snout! much to his dismay!)

3 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

OUCH, poor Scout!

Marsha Meacham said...

Poor Scout. I am glad he came to school to take the TAKS test, he is so smart. I want everyone to know that Scout's biggest concern was not for his Pumas or his snout, he was concerned about the 6th grade student. Thanks Scout for being awesome.

Maria said...

Thanks Mrs. Meacham - we think he's pretty awesome too!