Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sports Banquet





Last night we went to we went to the Junior High Sports Banquet.  All the kids looked so snazzy!  Almost everyone was dressed up and looking good.  We had a delicious meal of  brisket, sausage, chicken, beans, salad and my favorite potato salad from the Childress Bakery! Yum-oh!  Of course Scout got totally dolled up, we had a discussion about whether or not he should wear this vest, I told him it didn't match (it didn't) and his dad said just to leave him alone and let him decide what he wants to wear.  I thought I was going to gag!  One of these days, I totally understand that he will be making his own decisions but not right now, especially since it didn't match!!!!! Did you hear me I said it didn't match????!!!!   Anyhoo.... I posted some pictures and it's so...  something, what I don't know... how grown up Scout is getting.  In my mind, I'm still 23 and only when I see pictures of Brandon and I do I realize how old we're getting!  Gag! (again!)  

5 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

You guys all look great, and I couldn't tell t didn't match.

Scout Hale said...

I did match you were just mad that I was going against you!!!!

Maria said...

Keep tellin' yourself that Ninja! I thought ninjas were supposed to have keen senses - such as being able to tell when clothes match and when they don't! I don't guess your really a ninja...

Ginger Wilson said...

First, you let you son run around a gym without shoes on and then you let him go out in public looking like that! OH MY! What a horrible mom you are!!! NOT!

You crazy girl, he looked good. (Good as in cute, not good as in teacher stalking one of their students good!) :)

Trust me.....let them wear what they want! Pick your battles and don't let clothes be one!!! When it is whiskey and smoking....jump in! LOL

Maria said...

thanks a lot ginger - you mean I have smokin and drinkin to worry about?? man - I thought all I had to worry about was illicit drugs and bad tattoos!!!!