Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Influenza....

Influenza... the dreaded disease, I can certainly see why it killed so many people in the middle ages! Sager has the flu and it is awful.  I feel absolutely horrible for him and I kind of feel bad because I am so spoiled now when it comes to Sager being sick.  He really hasn't been sick hardly at all like he used to.  As I was rubbing his little back last night, as he was barfing, I thought I remember the old days when he wouldn't sleep, when we had to give breathing treatments every 3 hours, bottles every 2, medicine etc., etc., etc., We haven't had to do that for a while and it really has been nice. 

I had to stay home with him today and man all I can say is that I'm glad I don't have the flu!!! He started out yesterday with a bad headache, and then the fever came, then barfing, then diarrhea, more fever, gas (I mean GAS) and the worst of all, horrible chapped lips!!! (they look gruesome!) Brandon is going to stay home tomorrow, then maybe Edwin will watch him on Friday, that way we can spread the love around!!! (I really hope Brandon doesn't get sick because you girls know how boys act when they're sick... let's just say there is no "sucking it up" no toughness, no strength... just pure D whining!!!)   I thought I had instilled some of my inner toughness on all my boys and let's just say I think they are tougher than most guys but they still got a long, long way to go!!!

No comments: