Friday, March 13, 2009

The girls...

In my house, I'm the only girl, while that does have it's perks, there are some draw backs. (Like for instance...Sager doesn't exactly know what maxi-pads are for so he just assumes they're Pampers for girls.  So he's alot of laughs at the Wal-Mart, hey Mom do you need some more of your Pampers? ha-ha, he-he, yeah real funny! any-hoo... 

Brandon, I guess, thought that I might want some female companionship so he got me some chickens, more importantly hens.  (I know you're misti-eyed aren't you,  nothing says loving like poultry...)  When he brought them home, I said what'll we call 'em?  He says, "I've all ready named 'em!"  Just take a guess my people what possibly could he have named them?  I'll tell ya, Mona and Maria.  Mona's the one with dry scaly legs and Maria's the dark colored scrawny one.  I'm not sure if I should be offended or delighted?  

Well of course the hussies hadn't laid an egg in the longest of time until about a week ago.  With the first egg, I was hooked.  Now I am not some city girl, I can and have hung with the best farm girls and guys around and something about that egg made me giddy with excitement!  I have made it my goal to up my egg production.  I've given them  fresh lettuce, red pears, I've talked to them about how pretty they are and everything just to boost production. (Their feathers have all grown in and if I do say so myself, they're luxuriant!)  So every day I go look to see if the girls have left me something.  Today after school when I went out  (in the rain and the cold) to check on them, Mona and Maria had rewarded me with a little something extra... three eggs!!!  It just goes to prove the old saying, you get what you give.

2 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Chickens - omg - how cool! You're a nut! We listen to Scout on Thurs at Sr. Citizens - WOW! Very impressed with your son! Of course, Shaw is no slouch - he was great on Tuesday... Got to love our boys! Have a great spring break!

Stephanie Harbin said...

You are hilarious. Pampers for girls!!! I love the chickens.