Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today was the DAY!

Today I went to a meeting for Sager over at his school.  We talked about a lot of things and the most important thing that we talked about was school for next year.  His teachers and I decided that maybe it would be best that Sager does second grade over.  I know it totally stinks but do you realize that he has missed over 20 days (in fact it's really closer to 30 days) and he still has one and a half six weeks to go.  How could he be on the same level as the other kids when he hasn't even been at school the same amount of time?... 

Brandon doesn't want him to be held back, he wants him to be close to Shaw but... Brandon's never had to take the TAKS test, he's never been around the TAKS test and he doesn't understand the difference between 2nd grade and 3rd grade... and trust me their is a BIG difference.  Sager has been going to school at the Elementary since he was 3 years old (3 years old!)  and I hate that he has to go an additional year but I just think that it will make a world of difference.  ( I sure hope so...)  When we talked to Sager about doing second grade over he said that he worried that Mrs. Gunn (his teacher) would be mad at him because he hadn't done very good this year!  How sweet is that?  Not many kids would be worried about their teacher's feelings.  So I hope that our decision will turn out to be the right one for Sager and next year Sager will hit the ground running.

2 comments:

Deb ;) said...

Awwww...I just love Sager. He has an old soul;know what I mean?? Wise, compassionate, loving....You are following both your heart and your head; I am sure you are doing the right thing!

Maria said...

Deb - Thank you so much!