Sunday, March 22, 2009

My sweet children....

This weekend Scout went to Gruver with PawPaw and Jackson (he's taller than me!!! I started crying when he had to bend down to hug me!!! He's in the 5th grade!!!) Anyhoo...
So when I talked to Scout on Saturday morning, he told me he had a surprise for me.  Well, of course I asked him if it was some sort of dead animal... and he said no!!! So when I picked him up in Claude Saturday afternoon, he presents me with my surprise.  Do you know what it was?  You'll never guess!!!  It was a cherry glazed donut from the Donut Stop in Amarillo!!! Now I don't know if you know this or not, but cherry glazed donuts from the Donut Stop in Amarillo are the absolute best!  I have an unusual affinity for these suckers!!! and my darling child remembered!!! How good is he?  So after I gush and gush about what a wonderful and thoughtful child he is, Sager takes notice so this morning, I'm working out in my scrap shack and Sager brings me my cup of coffee that I left on his dresser.  He tells me I thought you might want your coffee, it's a little cold.  So of course I tell him how wonderful and sweet he is and he asks is this better than the cherry donut and I tell him it's right up there with the cherry donut.  Boy, I sure am lucky to have such sweet boys...

4 comments:

Scout Hale said...

I hope you don't show Shaw this he'll feel kinda left out

Maria said...

Scout - if you will be patient I will post about Shaw (and all of his TAKS glory!!!)

Stephanie Harbin said...

It is nice that your kids actually listen and try to be nice!! They are great!

The Vannoy Family said...

Boys ARE sweet - when they want to be!!