Thursday, March 12, 2009

TDCJ-ID oh the lessons learned...

Did you know that I used to work for the prison system, yes, I know, I know, it's hard to imagine dainty little ole' me working around a bunch of harden criminals and then there were the inmates... (ha-ha) no really, I used to work at the prison and there are a lot of lessons that I learned, and a lot a people who had a direct influence in my life and who I am.  (Some of my stories aren't for public consumption he-he-he!)  One such person was one of my Wardens who I worked for up at the Dalhart Unit.  The reason why I decided to write about him is because as I was drying my hair this morning, I was contemplating about some things that are going on at work and it's just silly stuff really and people are totally blowing things out of proportion just for whatever reason, I truly don't know their reasons and I really don't care except for periodically getting dragged into it.  

But I digress, this is what I was thinking about, he used to say there are three different kinds of people in this world, balcony people, cellar dwellers, and those that are just there, regular ole' people.  The cellar dwellers are those people who live in the muck and mire, you know them, they are always frowning and unhappy, something's always going on and it's never good, negativity oozes from their pores, when you're around them they bring you down, down into the muck, and it stinks down in the muck, then there are the balcony people, this is who we look up to, they are positive, encouraging, fun to be around, they laugh and realize that there is more to life than negativity, instead of dragging people down, they try to raise them up so that they to can be balcony people.  The last category is those who are just there.  Don't be just there - get up to that balcony and stay out of the muck - there's too many cellar dwellers as it is, you don't want to be frowning all the time...life's to short!! 

Any way I already feel better, spring break is almost here, I have a TON to be thankful for and I'm sure if you look around there's something that you're thankful for as well!

Remember don't be a cellar dweller!!!

1 comment:

Deb ;) said...

Pull me up to your balcony please! LOL! I love you!