Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sonatina Festival at Midwestern in Wichita Falls, Texas






More posts about the brothers....

Scout and Shaw played at the Sonatina Festival in the Fine Arts Center at Midwestern University.  Because we knew that we would be late getting in from the track meet on Friday, we let Shaw and Sager spend the night with Edwin and Suzanne.  So early this morning(before 8:00 a.m.), we went to pick up Shaw.  Then Brandon, Scout, Shaw and I got on the road again!  Of course two of the four people in the vehicle immediately fell asleep, let's just say, it wasn't me and it wasn't Brandon.  When we got there, we looked at the art exhibits while we waited for Shaw and Scout to play, there were some totally crazy drawings, creations and photos.  The Fine Arts Center was the perfect venue to hold the Festival.  Shaw was Mr. Monson's first student to play before the judges (curse that alphabetical order) and when he came out, he was totally strutting!!  We asked him how did it go, and he said just fine... so I looked at his score sheet and he had great marks!!  I was totally verclemt with pride!  Shaw and Scout have only being playing for a year and a half and the judge was so complimentary of both of them!!  Scout went after a while and he did great too!  They both looked so handsome!  

7 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

that is great!!! I admire anyone who can play piano.

Deb ;) said...

Congratulations to "The Brothers!" I know how proud you are! They both look very "GQ"

The Vannoy Family said...

Hey Woman! We just found your blog... adding a link to yours from mine. Your boys looks so handsome Saturday! Hope y'all had fun!

Maria said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for stopping by! We had a great time! Thanks - Maria

Anonymous said...

Love the ties....very classy

Anonymous said...

Such handsome boys!! My girls are available..I'm sure we can get an "arranged" thing planned..LOL CONGRATS to them!

Scout Hale said...

Well I had a total blast playing, the judge didn't speak much english but she was pretty enthusiastic I liked her better than most of the ones who speak perfect english. On a side-note I always like getting real dressed up because everyone tells me how sharp i look