Sunday, April 19, 2009

Banana pudding.... the recipe

I've had some interest in my banana pudding recipe, so here it it:

*now let me give you this one hint before you get started... the recipe calls for 1 - 4 oz carton of cool whip, the last time I eyeballed a half 80z package of cool whip but I didn't eyeball it so good (but it was still pretty darn good!),  if you want to leave the cool whip out and just top it with the cool whip that's cool (just taste it before you add the cool whip) - what I do is  use the remaining 4 oz and then another 8 oz container to cover the top of the pudding but like I said - that's just how I roll!

1 package instant vanilla pudding (small)
2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can eagle brand milk (sweetened condensed milk)
1 carton sour cream (small 8 oz)
1 block cream cheese (8 0z)
1 - 4 oz carton cool whip

Mix pudding and then stir together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk until smooth, and then mix in all other ingredients, layer with bananas and wafers. 


(do these instructions make sense?  This is what I do...  I make the pudding and set it aside, then blend the cream cheese and eagle brand together and when it's totally smooth, then I add the vanilla, and sour cream, then I mix the vanilla pudding together with the cream cheese mixture, then I mix in the cool whip.  After everything is layered in a 9 x 13 glass pan and then I cover with cool whip.)


 I'm not sure what the sour cream does but I made this same recipe without the sour cream and it was good too!)  I know, I know... I have issues with banana pudding!!!

Let me know how this works for you!!!


No comments: