Saturday, April 11, 2009

Banana pudding....

We just got back from Brandon's grandmother where we hid eggs and ate and ate!  I made some hot sauce, it was delicious if I do say so myself!!!! and I also made banana pudding.  I have a real problem with banana pudding.  Some people can't control themselves when it comes to tequila, cigarettes, or gambling... not me, the only real vice I have (other than my stampin' up addiction - which I use for good not evil!) is banana pudding.  If I make it, then the boys and I  (really just Scout and Shaw) will eat it all in one night.  Now after I took the banana pudding over to Brandon's grandmother,  Mason Holcomb is in the banana pudding club.  I thought we were going to have to fight over the last bit!! (ha-ha!!) I use my gandmother's recipe that she got from her nephew's wife (I think that's right, her name is Oneta and they live in Oklahoma) it is just delicious.  It has eagle brand milk, instant pudding, vanilla, cool whip, cream cheese and sour cream.  Now my Aunt Quetha makes a mean banana pudding too.  In fact she made me some over Thanksgiving!  It was quite possibly one of the sweetest things (to have remembered my banana pudding love!).  The aide who works with me at the junior high, Kara, said she used to eat her grandmother's banana pudding which she served warm.  That sounds quite delicious!  I should have gotten the recipe for it!  If I ate warm banana pudding, I might just become comatose!  Anyhoo, we are still waiting for Sarah to have her baby and we'll stay warm inside listening to the rain and eating banana pudding!! Hope everyone had a weekend and a good Easter!

3 comments:

Deb ;) said...

Thanks a lot, Maria! Your blog made me hungry for banana pudding! I am on my way to United to get the stuff to make some! LOL!

Anonymous said...

So where is the dang baby Jaelee ?????

Jenschke Family said...

I need your recipe! Lonnie adores banana pudding and I am not good at making it! I have tried various 'easy' recipes and he all he says is "it's all right." I want him to "WOW that was awesome."