Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I know, I know...

It's been a long time since my last post. Sigh - I am so, terribly busy... no not really! Don't you just hate when people complain about being so busy when they've totally done it to themselves... GAG!  anyhoo... since my last post, I have seen my darling new niece, spent time with my sister and her cankles and administered two TAKS tests!!!  I will post pics of Jaeli later, (I've got to find my camera...) but I must tell you she's a little pixie, she's so tiny and sweet, she's totally a gift from above.  Her sister and brother are over the moon about her and so are my kids.  I hope she knows how blessed she is to have so many people thinking about her and loving her. Sager is absolutely crazy about her.  I am so glad that Sarah's and my kids are so close. 

While we were in Amarillo, everyone got new shoes, Sager wanted a pair of "rockin'" shoes, so he picks out Nike's.  I hated to tell him that Nike's aren't really rockin' but who am I to judge?!  Shaw of course got some more Tony Hawke (his total favorite!) and Scout, oh my, Scout had to get Puma's.  Don't get me started on the Puma business, let's just say that his Daddy and I are kind of, just a little bit tired of the Puma!   

Also while we were in Amarillo, we stayed with my Dad and ChaCha.  On Saturday, they got up and debated each other.  Now while most people might think this is a little out of the ordinary, for me this is the total norm.  I told my kids that we might as well go in our pajamas because it's really how every Saturday morning of my childhood was spent - them arguing with each other!!  Literally and figuratively.  This time however, I think it was for the League of Women's voters.  Selden and ChaCha were going to debate the Electoral College.  Only my parents could know enough about the 2nd article of the constitution to wake up on Saturday morning and go to a debate when Friday night they still hadn't quite decided who was going to argue for or against.... you just gotta love 'em!  

well, I've got two more tests to give, on Thursday and Friday, and then the weekend will be here - yeah!!!!

No comments: