Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day

Hey - what did you did for Earth Day?  well, we finished planting our vegetable garden.  We had already planted some tomatoes, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and some peppers but yesterday we planted squash, cucumbers and some more green beans.  We usually have a decent garden, except last year when we had the tornado, we didn't get tomatoes until the end of summer and the beginning of fall.  They were pretty tasty!    The other thing that happened on Earth day is Brandon brought home another hen.  Let me set the record straight, Brandon didn't consult me before he brought her home.  The boys named her Sassy.  Let's just say we don't like her, and when I say we, I mean, me, Mona and Maria (the other hens)  Mona, and  Maria are beautiful, smart and let's just say petite.  They have some girth to them.  Sassy isn't like the others.  She's tall and skinny.... we don't like that.... Mona and Maria picked on her all last night, Brandon says, I don't know why they don't like her... (he's such a man) I tried to explain it to him but he just couldn't understand.  If he would have just talked to me about it....
   

2 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

I am so jealous. I keep saying that we are gonna plant something, but just haven't found the time. Plus, I don't know the first thing about it!!! Maybe you can give me some gardening tips.

Maria said...

You know I can!!! Just get a pot and some soil!!! There's all kind of things you can plant!